The system is equipped with a moving grate fitted with watercooled grate supports, which ensure that the temperature of the grate is kept at a constant level. This prevents the build-up of slag on the grates. The walls of the step grate are also watercooled to further ensure a constant combustion temperature.
The steam boiler is an all-welded flue gas tube boiler of the 3-pass type with an open bottom and cylindrical steam drum. The large water capacity combined with the generously sized steam, ensures a steady steam generation and a guaranteed dry steam quality.
The modulating control system means that all parameters are automatically adjusted according to the current load of the boiler and the system is operating continuously at varying loads.
- max. steam output: 6.3 t/h equal to 4,150 kW
- design pressure: 8.3 bar(o)
- design temperature: 175.9 °C
- thermal efficiency: 86-88%
- calorific value, fuel: 3.81 kWh/kg
- fuel consumption at max. load: 1,250 kg/h